EQ: Which factors affected the development of the English colonies in America?
Final Assessment: Test on vocabulary and the different characteristics of the first 13 colonies.
Day 11 (43) (1/27, 1/28)
GQ: What was the Atlantic Trade System? What was its function?
- Discussed and defined system, raw materials, and finished products
- Read pages 142-144.
- Discussed the trade system, what each part was and what each contributed.
Day 10 (42) (1/25, 1/26)
- Worked in groups to define key terms from colonial vocabulary
Day 9 (41)
Discussed South Carolina’s history as a colony
Worked on defining key vocabulary terms.
Day 8 (1/19, 1/20 (40)
- Map Quiz
- Finish the compare and contrast between the Southern and New England colonies (7-3)
2. Start the colonial vocab sheet to define key terms in our current unit.
Read chapter 35. Write 3 D/I post its
Finish colonial vocab sheet.
Day 7 (1/14, 1/15) (39)
GQ: What were the major differences between the Southern and New England colonies?
- Identified key categories for us to compare two groups of colonies.
- Worked to complete a chart with major categories on the chart.
Study for map quiz
Day 6 (1/12, 1/13) (38)
GQ: What were the key geographical features of the 13 colonies?
- Wrote about and discussed: Who is to blame for King Philip’s War?
- Started filling out 13 colonies map. Colony Map Assignment
13 Colonies Map
Finish completing your maps.
Day 5 (1/8, 1/11) (37)
GQ: What were the causes and consequences of King Phillip’s War?
- Read chapter 22, identified key causes and consequences of King Phillip’s war.
- Discussed in groups long term and short term causes of the war.
Read and annotate King Phillip
Day 4(1/6, 1/7) (36)
GQ: Were the Puritans selfish or selfless?
- Discussed definitions and examples of selfish and selfless behavior.
- Read and analyzed two primary source documents from the Puritans.
Finish answering the questions from the handout documents
Day 3 (1/4, 1/5) (35)
GQ: What were the Puritans’ beliefs?
- Discussed the differences between the Pilgrims and Puritans.
- Read chapter 15 identifying key beliefs and characteristics of the Puritans.
- Discuss in groups and as a class Puritan beliefs and ideas
- Read chapters 16 and 20. Write 2 D/I post its in each.
Day 2 (12/22, 12/23) (34)
GQ: Why did the settlers in Plymouth have a better relationship with the Indians than the settlers in Jamestown did?
Day 1 (12/18, 12/21) (33)
GQ: What did the Pilgrims believe and why did they leave England?
- Discussed the main branches of Christianity and some basic historical events that led to their creation.
- Discussed how the Pilgrims fit into the religious dichotomies in Christianity.
- Read chapter 13.